5 BASIC SECURITY TIPS
1. Always use passwords with a minimum of 8 characters that combine upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols. Programs to crack passwords are readily available and following good practices will minimize your risk.
"Treat your password like a toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months" Clifford Stoll
2. Make sure that a good antivirus/anti-malware program is installed. Excellent unbiased test results of many leading antivirus programs are available at http://www.av-comparatives.org.
3. Be aware of schemes to get you to reveal your passwords. Legitimate callers will not ask for passwords. Make sure that you are at the real website for any institution before entering your username and password.
4. Always make backups of any critical data on your system. Adequate backups can save the day in cases of hardware failures or ransomware.
5. Install the updates for your operating system and software on a regular basis. These "patches" frequently fix security loopholes.
Do you need a network? Or, does your existing network need an update or increased capacity? Call us to help decide what is best for your business.
Is your network infrastructure secure? Is your data and your client data secure? We can test your existing network or secure a brand new network to stop hackers in their tracks.
Phone systems are still the most important means of communication with clients and between offices. Whether you need a call center or to link multiple offices together, we provide a variety of internet-based (VOIP) options.
Eventually, even the best equipment fails, but that should not slow your business down. We do on-site hardware repairs or you can stop by our office. Call us to schedule an appointment.
When IT emergencies create a shutdown of your business, Tech Team Solutions can get you back up and running quickly.
Most businesses incur significant costs to acquire the hardware and software necessary to ensure efficient operations. Routine maintenance can minimize IT downtime and enable maximum productivity. Maintenance reduces long term IT costs.
Mobile Device Management
With Mobile Device Management, you can control access to data and how your employees use company phones; locate, lock and wipe a lost device; track employee locations; support a “bring your own device” policy. Let us show you how.
Getting rid of a virus in your computer system is harder and can be costlier than protecting your system with preventive software. Call us to get protection now.